Tip 1: Gratis is good!
Tip 2: Give in to the gel.
Tip 3: Play in a speelpolder.
Tip 4: Do birthdays Dutch style with a traktatie.
Tip 5: Embrace your inner hoor.
Tip 6: Hang at the beach. A lot.
Tip 7: When staying in a hotel be sure you stick a chair at the end of your bed.
Tip 8: Learn from the experts.
There was actually so much more I wanted to share with you this month but time got the better of me - so there'll certainly be more on this topic in the future. Meanwhile you can browse some older posts that will help you live like a Dutchie too!
- Visiting a Dutch doctor
- How to spend New Year's Day in the Netherlands
- A Dutch New Year's Eve
- Surviving a Dutch winter
- Raising children in the Netherlands
- Public toilets in the Netherlands
- Surviving a Dutch autumn
- Sports and the Dutch
- Slicing cheese (yes, seriously)
- Visit the sights
- Being married to a Dutchman